Reach for Speech is a Pediatric Speech, Occupational and Physical Therapy agency with offices in Center Township, Coraopolis and Robinson Township. We specialize in therapy that is fun, motivating, and results oriented.
Children learn and develop skills better in a fun, warm and welcoming environment. Our goal is to challenge the child to develop life skills. Working within this environment, your child is able to make sustained progress toward the goals and ultimately the child is able to maximize his/her potential.
We start with an evaluation to assess your child’s strengths and areas of need. Based on this evaluation, goals are formulated. A speech therapy plan of treatment is created specific to the individual’s strengths and needs.
We work with you to implement sessions that are structured to allow the child to express preferences regarding these activities. We strive to provide the highest quality therapy services for children while having a strong focus on parent training and involvement.
At Reach for Speech, our speech-language pathologists are certified and licensed. They are passionate about communication and specialize in providing help to kids who have a full spectrum of abilities and needs. Therapy is fun, motivating and family involvement is key. Our therapists actively pursue current knowledge so your child can benefit from the latest developments within the field of speech-language pathology.
We provide Speech therapy and treatment for:
- Autism-an impairment in the social aspect of language
- Apraxia–a motor speech disorder characterized by difficulty coordinating muscle movements
- Articulation–trouble producing individual speech sounds
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)-the use of other methods to replace or support verbal communication (signs, gestures, pictures, speech generating devices)
- Receptive & Expressive Language
- Delayed Speech
- Auditory Processing-difficulty processing information because the ears and brain do not fully coordinate
- Hearing Impairment
- Cochlear Implants
- Feeding Difficulty
- Oral Motor Difficulty
- Dysarthria-a motor speech disorder, resulting from impaired movement of the muscles used for speech production (lips, tongue, vocal folds, and/or diaphragm)
- Aphasia-a communication disorder that results from damage to the parts of the brain that contain language (typically in the left half of the brain)
- Down’s Syndrome
Please contact 724-888-2548 to schedule your evaluation or to be connected to a speech language pathologist who can answer any questions for you. We strive to schedule every child in a timely fashion.
Almost all insurances are accepted at Reach for Speech, LLC. For a list of some of our accepted insurances, please click here.